Laboratory and Quality Control
Sepahan Foolad Atashgah Production Company has always spent a large part of its capital and energy to control the quality of its products. All necessary examinations and tests of the production process are performed in all casting, heat treatment, and machining processes.
The chemical composition of the melt is alternately monitored by a spectrometer to ensure that it meets the customer’s requirements. At each stage of the production process, all data is collected, processed, and stored in the company database. Production certificate, which means product quality approval, is issued for each product.
In this regard, Sepahan Foolad Atashgah Company has taken a big step in recent years by equipping its laboratories to control the quality of its products.
The company’s laboratories
Laboratory of Chemical Analysis and Non-destructive Testing
- spectrometer: It is used for the analysis of various types of low-alloy steel parts, manganese steels, high Manganese steel, stainless steels, refractory steels, cast irons, as well as the analysis of aluminum-based alloys.
- Non-destructive tests including MT (model DA4005 with fluorescent lamp to perform surface defects tests of parts – made by PARKER company in the United States) and UT (model DIO 1000 to perform internal defects tests of parts with the ability to perform B-SCAN test and A-SCAN made by STARMAN company, Germany)
In this laboratory, the microstructure of cast parts and heat treatment are examined to ensure the necessary quality of products.
- Optical microscope: The microscope used in this company, model IMM-420, is equipped with a camera and monitor, which is made by sairan company.
- Metallographic polisher: To polish and prepare the sample surface to view the microstructure, a polisher made by sairan company is used.
Mechanical Properties Laboratory
After reviewing and performing microstructural studies, the mechanical properties of the samples before and after heat treatment are investigated.
- Tensile testing device: to perform tensile testing up to 250KN
- Impact test device: to perform impact test up to 200KN
- Fixed hardness tester: KOOPA-UV1 model made by Kopa Research Company of Iran. It Has the ability to measure hardness in 15 Rockwell methods, 15 Super Facial Rockwell methods, 10 Vickers methods and 5 Brinell methods
- Portable hardness tester: Model KOOPA-D05 for measuring the hardness of base metals steel, copper, aluminum, cast iron and bronze made by Kopa Research Company of Iran